Franklin Pierce School District is committed to our "Core Business" of engaging all students in rigorous, relevant, high quality work. We provide a comprehensive highly capable program which offers a variety of advanced and accelerated learning opportunities at all grade levels. Highly capable students are students who perform or show potential for performing at significantly advance academic levels when compared with others of their age, experiences or environment (WAC 392-180-045).
- How do I refer a student for highly capable programs?
- What are some characteristics of a highly capable student?
- My student was referred in the past and was not eligible for highly capable services, can I refer them again?
- My student was referred by a teacher, do I (as the parent or guardian) need to do anything else?
- What is the CogAT?
- Should my student study before taking the CogAT?
- Does my student need to requalify for services every year?
- I am transferring my student(s) to Franklin Piece Schools next year, can I refer my student for testing?
- Does the district provide transportation to Brookdale for Project Excel?
- How can I be involved in my student’s highly capable program success?