English Language Learning
We believe multilingualism is an asset to be leveraged in order to build stronger cognitive and academic skills. In the Franklin Pierce School district, there are over 40 languages spoken by FPS families. Our students and families bring rich cultural and linguistic resources to our school communities!
About our program:
Promotes the active and meaningful participation of ALL students, regardless of language proficiency or academic achievement.
Trains teachers in all classrooms to provide English language support by integrating students’ home languages and cultures, making content accessible through scaffolding, implementing structures for frequent peer interaction, and connecting to students’ prior knowledge and experiences.
- Provides explicit English Language Development (ELD) instruction and support in ELL classes or small groups with an English Language Learning Specialist.
- Builds on and enhances English language development through content area vocabulary acquisition and functional language structures.
- Empowers parents to effectively advocate for their child’s learning and for the improvement of the school.
- Brookdale Elementary
- Torie Blanas email@example.com
- Central Avenue Elementary
- Jennifer Velazquezjvelazquez@fpschools.org
- Christensen Elementary
- Jamie Rombergjromberg@fpschools.org
- Collins Elementary
- Fred Fitch firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elmhurst Elementary
- Yuliya Willis email@example.com
- Harvard Elementary
- Michelle Mead firstname.lastname@example.org
- James Sales Elementary
- Hallie Fortt email@example.com
- Midland Elementary
- Kathleen Stevens-Barrera firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ford Middle School
- Euna Bae email@example.com
- Perry G. Keithley Middle School
- Mary Lord Copeland firstname.lastname@example.org
- Franklin Pierce High School
- Timo Beckmann email@example.com
- Washington High School
- Violeta Coburn-Paredes firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gates High School
- Emily Donbeck email@example.com
- Aidan Lancaster firstname.lastname@example.org