Students Experiencing Homelessness
How can McKinney Vento help you?
Enroll and attend in school immediately, even if you lack documents normally required for enrollment
Enroll in the school closest to you or the school you were last enrolled in (school of origin), even if you have been forced to relocate
Receive transportation to and from your school of origin
Participate in before and after school programs
Receive free breakfast and lunch
Receive school supplies
This is not an exhaustive list, funds are available to help eliminate barriers and promote academic success. Ask your School Liaison/Counselor for additional information.
Who qualifies for McKinney Vento?
Children and youth:
Sharing housing due to loss of housing, economic hardship or a similar reason
Living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camp grounds
Living in emergency or transitional shelters
Abandoned in hospitals
Living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations
Migratory children and youth living in any of the above situations
How to get started:
Complete the online form below, or contact your School Liaison, Counselor or District Liaison for additional assistance.
Early Learning Center
Melissa McPheeters (Headstart and ECEAP)
(253) 298-4693 | email@example.com
Tami McLean (Title 1 and SPED)
(253) 298-4675 | firstname.lastname@example.org
(253) 298-3105 | email@example.com
(253) 298-3205 | firstname.lastname@example.org
(253) 298-3305 | email@example.com
(253) 298-3405 | firstname.lastname@example.org
(253) 298-3505 | email@example.com
(253) 298-4105 | firstname.lastname@example.org
(253) 298-4205 | email@example.com
(253) 298-4505 | firstname.lastname@example.org