A Message from Our Superintendent
Happy New Year Franklin Pierce Community!
I’m not sure about you, but winter break feels like a long time ago. FPS staff are actively engaged in the work that is required to care for our students, staff, and families.
- The Transportation team is doing an incredible job recruiting and training new drivers to support students.
- The Nutrition Services team is working with new grants to incorporate locally grown food and start a supper bus.
- The Support Services team is keeping us all prepared and safe as they deal with weather events, work out the kinks in new schools, clean all our facilities, and complete a long list of maintenance and updates throughout the district.
- The Information Technology team is working to transition our tech systems to Qmlativ (the replacement for Skyward).
- The Teaching and Learning Services team is working on new curriculum adoptions, better support for multilingual students, ongoing work to include special education students in core instruction, and continuous ways to help us become more culturally and community responsive in our teaching.
- The Equity and Human Resources teams are working collaboratively on several efforts to recruit, retain, and advance staff who reflect our community.
- The Family and Community Partnerships team is supporting new before- and after-school programs for 300 kids, enhancing the Family Resource Center at Franklin Pierce, and leveraging new partnerships to support FPS students and families.
- The Business Services team is combing through budgets to make sure that we steward the last of our COVID dollars wisely.
- The PK-12 Office is supporting busy health rooms, safety and security concerns, and robust athletic participation.
This is an incomplete snapshot of some of the amazing work that is happening in our district. I know that we could also name and celebrate lots of other work happening in schools, classrooms, and offices.
We recently launched a partnership that includes a team of district and association leaders paired with Community Responsive Education leaders to explore what it means to center youth (and adult) wellness throughout our system. I’m excited to see what we can learn together and to incorporate their focus around relationships, relevance, and responsibility into our collective work.
Please communicate with me and other FPS staff about what care and supports you and your students need from us to thrive. We look forward to continuing this important work in partnership with you.