School Board of Directors
Director duties include setting the district vision and mission of education; establishing policy; adopting the annual budget; approving expenditures, personnel, curriculum, and courses of study; and deciding on school sites, building plans, and construction contracts.
In addition to elected directors, we are excited to announce three new student representatives who attend school board meetings, share information between the school board and their student peers, and provide student voice and advisory votes to the directors before board action is taken.
How Can I Get Involved?
Attend our meetings: You are welcome to attend board meetings to learn more about the work of our directors.
Email the directors
Vice President Alex Davis - District #1 | email@example.com
President Pro Tempore Ron Nerio - District #2 | firstname.lastname@example.org
District #3 | Vacant position
Legislative Representative Mary Sherman - District #4 | email@example.com
President Tono Sablan - District #5 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to comment during the next regular board meeting
- In-Person Attendees: Sign up at the check-in table upon arrival at the meeting location.
- Online Zoom Attendees: Contact Kristin Holten at email@example.com or 253‑298‑3010 by 3 p.m. the day prior to the meeting to submit written comments or receive instructions for commenting live using the Zoom video conference system.
What Happens at a Board Meeting?
- Regular meetings are scheduled according to FPS Policy 1400 and Procedure 1400P. Some regular meetings include full agendas with public comment and board action, while other regular meetings are work sessions that focus on study and discussion.
- Special meetings are scheduled in addition to regular meetings.
- Emergency meetings are held when immediate action is required.
Call to Order, Flag Salute, Establishment of a Quorum, Adoption of Agenda
Announcements and CommunicationAudience and community comments will be limited to two minutes per person.
- In-Person Attendees: Sign up to comment at the check-in table upon arrival at the meeting location.
- Online Zoom Attendees: Contact Kristin Holten at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253‑298‑3010 by 3 p.m. the day prior to the meeting to submit written comments or receive instructions for commenting live using the Zoom webinar system.
Consent Agenda, Unfinished Business, New Business, Proposals, Information, Executive Session, Adjournment