School Board of Directors
The Franklin Pierce School Board, consists of five directors, elected by local residents to govern our school district. They are responsible for establishing school policies according to the laws of the federal and state government, the State Board of Education, and the State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
Director duties include setting the district vision and mission of education; establishing policy; adopting the annual budget; approving expenditures, personnel, curriculum, and courses of study; and deciding on school sites, building plans, and construction contracts.
In addition to elected directors, we are excited to announce three new student representatives who attend school board meetings, share information between the school board and their student peers, and provide student voice and advisory votes to the directors before board action is taken.
When will the school board meet again?
Check the calendar posted on the right side of the webpage.
What will be discussed at the next meeting?
Agenda and board packets are posted to the right at least 24 hours before the next meeting.
How Can I Get Involved?
Attend our meetings: You are welcome to attend board meetings to learn more about the work of our directors.
Provide your feedback/comment to the directors
Email the directors
Vice President Alex Davis - District #1 | firstname.lastname@example.org
President Pro Tempore Ron Nerio - District #2 | email@example.com
District #3 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Legislative Representative Mary Sherman - District #4 | email@example.com
President Tono Sablan - District #5 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to comment during the next regular board meeting
- In-Person Attendees: Sign up at the check-in table upon arrival at the meeting location.
- Online Zoom Attendees: Contact Kristin Holten at email@example.com or 253‑298‑3010 by 3 p.m. the day prior to the meeting to submit written comments or receive instructions for commenting live using the Zoom video conference system.
What Happens at a Board Meeting?
Meetings are generally one of three types:
- Regular meetings are scheduled according to FPS Policy 1400 and Procedure 1400P. Some regular meetings include full agendas with public comment and board action, while other regular meetings are work sessions that focus on study and discussion.
- Special meetings are scheduled in addition to regular meetings.
- Emergency meetings are held when immediate action is required.
Regular meetings that include action are generally conducted in the following order:
Call to Order, Flag Salute, Establishment of a Quorum, Adoption of Agenda
Announcements and CommunicationAudience and community comments will be limited to two minutes per person.
- In-Person Attendees: Sign up to comment at the check-in table upon arrival at the meeting location.
- Online Zoom Attendees: Contact Kristin Holten at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253‑298‑3010 by 3 p.m. the day prior to the meeting to submit written comments or receive instructions for commenting live using the Zoom webinar system.
Consent Agenda, Unfinished Business, New Business, Proposals, Information, Executive Session, Adjournment
You are welcome to contact Kristin Holten at email@example.com or 253‑298‑3010 for more information about the Franklin Pierce School Board of Directors.
Meet Our Board of Directors!
District # 1
2023 Vice President
District # 2
2023 President Pro Tempore
District # 3
Term: Appointed through 2023
District # 4
2022-2023 Legislative Representative
District # 5