6881P Procedure – Disposal of Surplus Equipment and/or Materials
The procedures for the sale of obsolete and/or surplus equipment, supplies, furniture, and other district personal property are as follows:
- The principal or department supervisor shall supply a written rationale which supports the obsolescence of the item.
- All other departments and/or buildings shall have the opportunity to view the item during a two-week period.
- If the item is not claimed during the two-week period, a value shall be placed on the item by two staff members who are familiar with items of a similar nature. The value of textbooks shall be established as follows:
New Books Purchased During Current Term/Full Cost
2 years old/80%
3 years old/60%
4 years old/40%
Over 4 years old/20%
- Interested public and private schools shall be advised in writing of a two-day period in which they shall have an opportunity to view and/or purchase the obsolete and/or surplus item.
- The remaining item shall be available for purchase by the general public.
- The district shall publicize this sale which shall be open to the general public.
Revised: 10/2/91; 12/9/08