3232 Parent and Student Rights in Administration of Surveys, Analysis, or Evaluations
All instructional materials, including supplementary materials and teacher manuals, used with any survey, analysis, or evaluation in a program or project supported by federal funds are available for inspection by parents and guardians.
No student, without the prior consent of adult or emancipated students or written permission of parents, will be required as part of any project or program supported by federal funds to submit to survey, analysis, or evaluation that reveals information concerning:
1. Political affiliations;
2. Potentially embarrassing mental or psychological problems;
3. Sexual behavior and attitudes;
4. Illegal, anti-social, self-incriminating, or demeaning behavior;
5. Critical appraisals of close family members;
6. Privileged or similar relationships;
7. Religious practices, affiliations, or beliefs of the student or student’s parent; or
8. Income other than information necessary to establish eligibility for a program.
The district shall make arrangements to protect student privacy during the administration of surveys and the collection, disclosure, or use of personal information for marketing, sales, or other distribution purposes.
20 U.S.C. 1232h(c) No Child Left Behind Act of 2001
34 CFR Parts 75, 76, Student rights in research, and 98 (1984) experimental activities and testing
Adoption Date: 11/18/08
Franklin Pierce Schools