2412 Diplomas for Veterans

The district will issue high school diplomas to an honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States who was scheduled to graduate from high school, but who left high school before graduation to serve in World War II, the Korean Conflict, or the Vietnam era.
To be eligible for a diploma, the veteran or his or her representative must fill out the application provided by the Washington Department of Veteran Affairs and provide evidence of eligibility.
Veterans are eligible for the diploma even if they subsequently earned a high school equivalency certificate or are deceased.
The superintendent will determine those veterans who have substantial ties to the district.  Examples include, but are not limited to: living or having lived in the district, having attended school in the district, having children or other descendents who have attended school in the district, having been employed by the district or volunteering in the district.
Legal References:
RCW 28A-230-120 High school diplomas -- Issuance -- Option to       receive final transcripts -- Notice
RCW 41.04.005 Veteran” defined for certain purposes
Adoption Date: 3/13/07
Franklin Pierce Schools
Revised: 9/9/08
Classification: Optional