1430P Procedure - Audience Participation
The Franklin Pierce Board of Directors welcomes residents and their comments on educational issues at all board meetings. In order to permit fair and orderly expression, the board requests individuals to follow the appropriate procedures as follows.
Specific school questions, concerns, or problems should first be discussed with the teacher or administrator closest to the situation. If the concern or question remains unresolved, the individual may contact the superintendent’s office. If the concern still remains unresolved, he/she is requested to seek an agenda location as prescribed below.
- Unresolved problems and complaints against individuals shall be submitted to the superintendent in writing and signed.
- The superintendent shall report the unresolved problems and complaints against individuals to the board.
- The board may call an executive session to hear specific complaints against individuals.
Under the agenda items, “Announcements and Communication – Audience/Community”, residents who wish to make comment to the board will first be recognized to speak by the president.
- The speaker shall state his/her name and school or attendance area before making comments.
- Any one person’s comments shall be limited to two (2) minutes unless additional time is granted by the board.
- The president may interrupt or terminate an individual’s statement when it is too lengthy, personally directed, abusive, obscene, or irrelevant.
Individuals or groups wanting to formally place a topic on the agenda should make a request to the superintendent’s office at least ten (10) days prior to the board meeting.
- The person making the request will be given time to present material to the board when the order of business reaches the item on the agenda.
- Not more than ten (10) minutes will be allotted to any one speaker, and no more than twenty (20) minutes to the subject under discussion except with the consent of the board.
Individuals with disabilities who may need a modification to participate in a meeting should contact the superintendent’s office no later than three (3) days before a regular meeting and as soon as possible in advance of a special meeting so that arrangements for the modification can be made.
Revised: 5/14/02; 5/13/08; 8/18/20; 11/8/22